READING AND WRITING PARTNERSHIPS

My school implements the Lucy Calkins Units of Study. During our reading and writing workshop, students are placed into partnerships. It takes some training but it is so wonderful to watch partnerships listen to and respect one another's work. They are there to help try out new strategies learned in a mini lesson and there when their story just isn't working out so they could use some advice. I was tired of saying, "Okay, partner 1 share with partner 2." It wasn't engaging and made it all sound very robotic. So... I made this!


Every child (and teacher) LOVES food, so I thought about making my partnerships into food combinations we all are familiar with. Now I say, "Okay burgers, share with the fries" or "Okay cookies, it's your turn to listen to the milks." 





https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-and-Writing-Partners-Editable-3152681

I change out our reading and writing partnerships every 9 weeks (4 times a year) so we keep everything new and exciting. My product has 10 different food combinations which should last you all year! Click the link to see a closer look at this in my store. 



No comments

Pages

Powered by Blogger.